Tricia has bestowed upon me my first--and what is probably the most meaningful--anti-weight loss blog award by a member of the the snarky weight blog trifecta, Tricia. And I didn't even have to nominate myself or whore myself out begging for votes. Kneel, suckas:
But wouldn't you know it, there are strings attached. In order to properly accept Jacks**t's prestigious honor, I gotta work for it and make a list of seven things I admire about Tricia. Great, homework. And I'm right in the middle of my move, packing and cleaning. I ain't got time for this hoo ha! So, here was my initial response to Tricia after reading the fine print:
But screw it. The oven cleaner fumes are forcing me to sit down and take in some oxygen. And, really, how could I refuse?
So, here are 7 things that I totally dig about Tricia:
1. Girl makes me laugh til I practically fart in my desk chair. When I get the alert she's posted a new blog, I put calls on hold. Even when her life sucks at a particular moment, she will find a twisted humorous spin on things and basically try and keep it together rather than fall to a corner and suck her thumb.
2. She doesn't take this whole weight loss thing so deadly serious or view it so narrowly. There is more to getting your shit together than logging meals and workouts and writing the 28th chapter about being trapped in fat hell. It's a process that is as much mental as it is physical.
3. While her cat may be an asshole, I know that deep down inside there is a crazy cat lady in that heart of hers.
4. She makes chiropractors seem
5. If I had to change careers, I would totally work in a cubicle farm with her. And then steal her Buddha.
6. There is no pretense about her, unless she's kept things really masterfully hidden. What you read is what you get.
7. She agrees that hot weather needs to suck it. She is, therefore, right.
8. She's Irish.
Yes, I know that's 8. But I threw an extra one in to make up for the grave error she made when she mentioned "zombie run." Zombies don't run, I don't care what fans of the Dawn of the Dead remake and 28 Days/Weeks Later (and, technically, those dudes are rage-infected, not zombified) say. *flashes slow-moving zombie gang sign*