Monday, April 20, 2009

Getting Thin with the Living Dead (Sans Brains)

This weekend was be-yooo-tiful. Bobzilla, myself and some friends went to Lake Erie wine country (yes, there is such a thing) and hung out at DeBonnes winery ala lower-budget Sideways. I can't think of anything better than a glass of Riesling with a side of fresh-baked french bread and aged Gouda. Can you? Yeah, didn't think so.

Well, except dark chocolate. Which goes well with merlot. Very well.

Oh, wait. This is supposed to be a weight-loss blog. *snickers*

Still doing the running, but this time doing interval training as featured in one of Mz. Fit's blogs last week. This running is kicking my butt, and my knees are busted. I may have to cut back on the time...maybe only run 2 days a week. Not ready to throw in the towel yet. I love the freedom of running and the high that I get doing it. But climbing the stairs have been a real challenge these past couple of weeks. It may be the asphalt trails. I may need to hit the grass or something.

So, about the title of this blog....

In the spirit of shaking things up, I will be participating in Lakewood's semi-annual Zombie Walk this coming Saturday, April 25th. This is a great way to be one with the living dead and freak out passersby, while still working on my fitness. Oh, and Bobzilla's band is playing after the walk.

Everyone needs to tap into their inner zombie now and then. It's healthy, cheap and fun. Here are some shots from last November's walk. Yeah, we take our zombie-ness seriously:




I can't decide this year if I'm going to be a waitress zombie (I have a brain jello mold that I'm just dying to put to use again, perhaps put the brain jello on a serving tray), or an old-school Romero zombie. Wait! I'll go as a jogger zombie. And if I get any fake blood on the running shoes, that's a bonus because it should deter any would-be freaks at the park.

13 comments:

  1. A zombie walk. That is great! How far is the walk? Sounds like you had a great weekend. We went to Napa/Sonoma last summer. Lots of fun. Drinking wine at 10:00am sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a zombie for halloween last year...it was like 4 bucks total, weeeee! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay that girl in the bottom pic on the right looks like my cousin Carrie! Is it? FREAKY!

    My city had the zombie walk thing...

    Lake Erie wine country brings to mind a cheese tray and dead fish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The walk is probably about a mile and a half. We probably won't get an intense workout because we are slooooow moving zombies and tend to trip over garbage cans and bump into bus stops. The collective group IQ definitely goes down the more people there are.

    And that is ME in the bottom pic on the right. *bwahahahaha*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zombie walk sounds fun!! I just hope thriller does not play, it will turn into a musical ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine, fresh baked french bread and aged Gouda...especially aged Gouda are my favourite foods in the world....even more so than chocolate....so cruel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! I love the Zombie Walk idea...and I'm laughing at the visual of all of the slooow moving zombies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys do the coolest things! A Zombie Walk? That's awesome. The closest I ever come to doing something like that is shuffling my ass into work on a Monday morning.

    I hope your knees come back to life, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is funny Ms.Jelly Belly! :-)

    I can't imagine what would happen if this occurred in Dallas, GA. I think the National Guard would be called out, it would certainly make the front page news, and all the schools would be on lock-down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for a walk!! I'm going to look for something similar in my area. I live in LA so it's not out of the ordinary to see people who look like zombies walking the streets every day! :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna go on a zombie walk. ::pouts::

    Looks like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A zombie walk sounds like such a kick!

    And mmm, bread and gouda and wine and chocolate... they taste even better than human brains.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The zombie walk idea is hysterical! Can you imagine driving and seeing a bunch of zombies strolling down the road?! Really creative idea...with a mini workout too!

    ReplyDelete