Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-In: 4/1/2009

If I could pull it off, I would take advantage of this April Fool's Day to proclaim that after a week using Sensa and Acai Berry supplements while intuitively eating on the South Beach diet, I now weigh 152.4 lbs, for a total loss of over 10 pounds...in fat and not water weight, people!

Hardy-har.

The reality is that I stepped on the scale and now weigh 160.4 lbs, which is a loss of 1.2 lbs. from last week. That's a nice, realistic number that I'm happy to have. But, man, I gotta say...being about a half pound from the 150's and normal BMI is making me twitchy.

My running is really showing improvement. I have more endurance, for sure. I do sprints/walks for 40 minutes and am able to sprint for around 3 minutes and walk for about 2 (actually, the first sprint I can go for around 4 minutes). Well, I don't use a watch, but I last measured my running against my playlist and found I could sprint through about 1/2 of song "Gates of Steel" and all of "New Rose."

Things I need to improve upon:

1. Stop starting off "hard." Rather, I need to pace myself steadily throughout and work on breathing so I can run for longer stretches without killing me.

2. STRETCH, STRETCH, STRETCH! I admit that I am impatient and hate stretching. But I just gotta do it so that my hips don't feel tore up.

Getting ready for Texas vay-cay. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing old friends and new sights. This is my first plane ride with Bobzilla, so it will be another relationship milestone. Also, our Texas pals eat relatively healthy, so aside from doing a mandatory meal at a Texas BBQ joint, we should be good to go. Famous last words, right? I better rehearse my excuses now in advance of next week's disastrous weigh-in.

12 comments:

  1. I hate stretching too. I realized at some point I was stretching like 20 minutes and exercising for 15...not cool. Have fun in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way your weigh in next week will be disastrous - you are so close to those 150's you can taste it. I know you're going to make it.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I love your positive attitude. That is very tricky with runnin..pacing yourself. I am so proud of your running accomplishments. Have a great trip. We will miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Onward and downward - you are doing great!

    Have fun here in my state!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your weigh-in! And thank you for the spaghetti sauce tips! I'd never have thought to use cinammon! I'm kinda excited about trying it out on Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have an awesome trip! And sounds like you're planning a good balance between staying healthy and having fun. Eat some BBQ for me, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great scale week! Kudos!

    For me, the bbq isn't the problem; it's the add-ons that are usually available. Locally (Memphis) most bbq places have salad, so I can stick to meat and salad and baked beans. Not healthy food, but not disastrous.

    The point of the vacation is to have a great time, and I'm wishing you the best vacation EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh stretching. You'll do great! Dont stress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY YAY YAY! You are coming to MY house in Texas for a vay-cay! Yes, Ben and I do eat pretty darn healthy. The hard part will be convincing us to go to a slaughter house of death for dinner (AKA Texas BBQ).

    ReplyDelete
  10. But...we will do it for you...'cause we love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! I lost 150 pounds. It was the best thing I ever did for myself.

    Good morning. Stopping by from sits.

    Have a great weekend.

    Ms. Cupcake
    Zen Cupcake

    ReplyDelete