Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-In: 4/8/2009....and stuff.

Getting right to it, I weighed in this morning at exactly 162.00. So I gained 1.6 pounds from last week. But I'm not even feeling bad about it. I knew I would gain some weight from being on vacation. After all, over a course of 4-5 days I ate BBQ, Mexican (many lovely times), french fries for the first time in months and so on. There might have been a few glasses of vino, margaritas, and some amaretto sours, but my memory seems a little hazy.

No regrets. I'm already back to my regular workouts and meals (which I missed, actually) and will resume my tango with the 150's next week.

More importantly, I had an excellent time and enjoyed the company of good friends and the hubs. Here's me and Lisa, who by the way just started a blog about her experiences as a vegetarian and recently-diagnosed celiac. It's a good read for anybody looking to eliminate or reduce gluten and meat intake:


And here's me and Bobzilla. Both pics were taken outside the Mission San Jose, which is actually much more interesting, larger and beautiful than the Alamo. *gasp*:



Some highlights of the trip include:

1. Food. Lots of good food. No, there's no love-hate relationship with me and food. So let's just put this up there first. At least I ate in moderation and walked a lot, but whatevs.
2. Grackles. These birds fascinated me to the point of unhealthy obsession. I would get up early in the morning and stare out the window at what are apparently considered winged rodents by the natives.
3. Kittehs. Ben and Lisa have the swellest cats ever.
4. San Antonio Zoo. It had a large, diverse exhibit of birds. I still liked grackles the best, tho. Here's Bobzilla feeding nectar to a lory. He is the epitome of bad-assedness, no?:


5. Colors. OMG, nothing prepared me for how colorful San Antonio is. From the signs to the fauna to even the houses. It was overwhelming. I felt so...drab...that it was almost comforting to settle back under the bleak gray skies of Cleveland.
6. Jackalopes. I wish they were real.
7. Day of the Dead stuff. I couldn't get enough of the lively skeleton art and barely got all of my stuff in our carry-on bags for the return trip. I did buy most of the loot for other people, but can't let go of them. I think I might have a problem.

Well, I see that there are a buttload of interesting blog posts that I need to catch up on. Manana.

11 comments:

  1. San Antonio is beautiful...I still think fondly (perhaps too fondly) of the crab tostada I had outside at the River Walk. You picked a good time to visit. We went in early June and the heat & humidity almost did me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Your back I missed you. You look great. Glad you had some fun and relaxation and didn't even gain any weight. 1.6 lbs does not count in my book. A little water retention.. that's all. Back to reality right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you posting too! I was all like "wonder where Camevil is at" (yeah I ended it in incorrect grammar)

    Sounds like fun (the drinking in particular).

    Great pics, you are so damn skinny, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't BELIEVE you don't love our Alamo! Its kind of underwhelming huh? I wish I'd know you were coming to SA I could have told you all the best (and worst for you!) places to eat :-)

    Jackelopes - HEHEHE!

    Seiously - girl, you look AWESOME! And you look like you feel awesome which is even better! Welcome back! Only 1.2 pounds after vacation? Do you realize how good that really is? SO impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee--I'm glad we got there early. Me no likey hot weather.

    Kristi--yeah, water retention. That's it! *snickers*

    Dina--the drinking in particular was very fun.

    Lucrecia--I think we're going back later this year. We need to get together and shake things up!

    And thanks for the compliments! I felt really good and it was cool not to sweat through all my clothes like I used to. I was a real Sweaty Betty when I was heavier. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, you look fantastic! Wow.

    Second, you remind me that I am seriously in need of a vacation. Although any city name that starts with "San" tends to make me sweat just thinking about it. Not a fan of hot weather. AM a fan of Mexican food, though, so it would make the sweat all worthwhile. :)

    Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely hourglass figure you have - so jealous of your waist!

    Glad you enjoyed SA! Those damn grackels are nasty! They fire blanks at them around here to get them to leave shopping centers (they DO leave...and go to the next one). Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great vacation! Glad you enjoyed it, but equally glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We loved having you here. Come back any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am very glad you came to SA... hope to see you again soon! I didn't have the heart to tell you about the grackle meat in that empanada, though.

    ReplyDelete