Thursday, April 9, 2009

Runnin' With the Devil

I finally figured out the distance on the jogging trail--it's exactly one mile on the outer loop. OK. So, this morning I ran the loop twice for a total of 2 miles. The first loop, I ran nonstop and felt like Rocky. Then, I walked across the parking lot back to the original starting point and ran the loop again nonstop. This time, I felt like puking my organs out.

Today I came across a laugh-till-you-pee blog entry by Plaid Stallions (which focuses on mocking 70's advertising culture) featuring 70's fitness ads. Hell-arious! Check it out here:

Brick's Guide to 70's Fitness

The choicest ad is for Air Shorts: Inflatable exercise shorts. All this time working out and I could've just worn Air Shorts! *slaps forehead*

7 comments:

  1. your running sounds like mine.
    Im so NOT really a runner I veer fast from IM A SUPER WOMAN to PLEASE KILL ME NOW.

    fast.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the running!

    Loved those ads! My uncle had one of those vibrating belt things, we loved playing with it! I love how the women in those ads are never wearing appropriate shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I belonged to a gym in the late '70s (women only, natch) that actually had those fanny jiggling machines. Kind of makes me wonder which of today's equipment we are going to look back on and laugh at in 30 years or so. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled for you success with the running. Not so thrilled that you pointed me to this site, where I'm certain I will waste much valuable time. :)

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures were hilarious!

    And I've had runs like that, yechh. Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok first things first, very proud of you and your new found relationship with running. Your descriptive workouts/experiences are always hilarious. Second, this 70's shit is awesome.Although can't remember that time since I was barely alive. lol. Have a great holiday/

    ReplyDelete